Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A prayer for David Pace


I know he doesn't want the attention but please keep our driver David Pace in your prayers. He apparently pinched his sciatic nerve in his lower back. He is in extreme pain, has numbness in his toes on his left leg, and can't get any sleep. He called me last night and said he couldn't drive the car at Indy. I know it was a hard call for him to make but it is the right thing to do and that's what he does - the right thing.
There will be a big hole on our team without him this weekend. Jason Richey is going to do the driving duties for us. David will be there in spirit and we're going to do our best to make him proud.

Brad

1 comment:

Stan Weber said...

Hey Brad -

I know it's been a long, long time since we "talked", and I apologize for that.

There was a note about David's recent "ails" on the Std. 1320 board and I wanted to make sure he knew I can be counted on for prayer.

Not being able to drive at Indy after laying down the team's first 5-second pass is adding "insult to injury" in an almost cruel way, as I'm guessing David is as excited as any of you about that terrific acomplishment.

I've been dealing with a VERY minor (in comparison to David's problems) nerve issue with my right index finger for over a year now, and it still drives me crazy now and then. I can only imagine what David is going through.

Here's wishing him a quick and complete recovery.

Again, congrats to all the "Merchants" on the 5.99. It's great to see things working out so well for the Greens. I'll be watching for news of David's recovery.

Take care -

Stan Weber
Firth, NE