Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our first five.......................


We had a great day at Texas Motorplex! They postponed the race until Sunday due to Saturday's forecast and Sunday was sunny with a bit of wind. We warmed the car up and took her out for an eighth mile check out pass. Everything went well and David shut it off shortly after the eighth mile marker and we brought it back and checked everything over real close. All looked well so we headed to the line for a full,hard pass. The car launched hard and was on a good run. When David pulled the chutes the scoreboard flashed 5.99 seconds at 232 mph!!! Let me tell you the feeling was incredible. This a huge milestone for my team and we did it with a soft tune up and no damaged engine parts.
Thanks to my wonderful wife,my whole crew, and DRE Racing for all their help and support!
I'll post more pictures as they come.
Brad

No comments: