Friday, December 21, 2007

Speed Merchants top fuel- the beginning



Lets go back about 18 months......... I had the opportunity to pursue a life long dream- Blown nitro racing! A front engine top fuel dragster rolling chassis became available for a price within my budget. A deal was struck with Dale Suhr to buy his chassis at the end of his 2006 racing season as he was having a new chassis built. I knew I had some time before I got the car so I began to acquire all of the many things that go into building a racing team of this caliber from the ground up. I had formed close friendships with some key people from my previous time of being a crew member (bottom end diver) on Al Schramm's NTF dragster. These friends agreed to help me get this program rolling and go racing! More about them later....
I found a good deal on a trailer that had been used for a top fuel funny car. Now we're cooking! My crew chief- John Dearmore and my driver- David Pace were constantly being called upon for advice on all the things we were going to need to go racing with a top fuel dragster. WOW! Building an operation from the ground up is a huge undertaking. Probably only someone who has done it can truly know what it takes- and my duties were just beginning.

1 comment:

Donnie Smith said...

Hi Brad, this is a remarkable blog. It deserves to be seen by more viewers. Well, we are in the process of starting a web page to network with others in the automotive industry. We would like add your blog to our website. You can visit the website at http://learnautobody.googlepages.com/automotiveblognetwork Let me know if you're interested. All I need is a picture(not required) and your blog description or we can use your blog information with your approval. You can e-mailed to us at learnautobody@gmail.com
I hope to hear from you soon. Donnie Smith